- The USPSTF reccomends screening for hepatitis C in ALL individuals born between 1945 and 1965
- (age 49-69) thats a huge chunk of our patient population!
- It also reccomends screening for individuals regardless of age who are at risk.
- It is a grade B reccomendation.
- From rounding on GI and discussing with ID staff there are newer promising antiviral regiments coming out soon.
- Please view the following update to see how this will affect us at the VA!!
- Full hepC USPSTF guideline
- Hope this was helpful 🙂